Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day Six

Took a completely different route to work today. This included a different bus to Ballston, metro to WFC and another bus that drops me off right in front of my building. This is the most efficient route and the most costly: $3.40. Worth every penny. Time: about an hour and ten minutes.

At quitting time it was raining. A co-worker was kind enough to give me a ride to WFC. Had a school parents meeting tonight so had to make it to N. Arlington via bus. Since the meeting ended at 8 p.m. my dear S.O. was able to come and pick me up and take me home. No having to find scarce buses at night tonight.

Despite my adventures and having to get up earlier than usual, I feel that after this short time I am getting used to not having my car. I don't feel that I miss it or think so much about when I will be able to use it again--not like at the beginning of the week. That's when I felt more acutely aware that I could not use my car.

Car trips saved:
Home-work-son's school-home = almost another 30 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment